– In its resolution no. 15 from 14 February 2012, the Perm Region Council approved the intention to involve the Perm region into the City of Perm’s ECoC candidature project.
– On 7 March February 2012, Oleg Chirkunov, Governor of Perm Krai received an official agreement from Dmitriy Medvedev, President of the Russian Federation to support the intention to involve the Perm region into the City of Perm’s ECoC candidature project.
– On 13 March 2012 a Declaration of Collaboration in preparing and subsequently implementing the Integrated Development Plan of the City of Perm – ECoC candidature project was established between the Perm region and Perm.
– On 20th of March on the meeting of the Committee for the Development of the Human Potential the deputies of the Perm Municipal Duma approved in first reading the proposition to create the Public Council that would work on the implementation of the Perm’s ECoC candidature project.
– On 27th of March people’s representatives received a message from public and cultural figures with a request to submit to the nearest session of the Perm Municipal Duma the proposition to implement the Perm’s ECoc candidature project.